Focus and Features
This course will provide attendees with an introduction key concepts and principles of project management to help the organizations in their risk assessments and audit engagements related to projects and project management.
This course shall also provide participants with an overview on how to use and embed project management practices and methods into the Internal Audit process.
The course will provide detailed discussions of the project management principles as described in Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) of Project Management Institute (PMI) and how to apply this knowledge in audit and consulting engagements.
At the end of the course, the participants shall be able to have:
- Understanding of the key concepts and principles of Project Management
- Understanding of the use of project management principles in auditing and consulting services
- Appreciation of the Internal Auditing role in projects and project management
What You Will Learn
I. Introduction to Project Management
- Project and Project Management
- Project Life Cycle
- Project Knowledge Areas
II. Audit Engagement as Projects
- Initiating and Planning
- Executing, Monitoring and Controlling
- Communicating and Closing
III. Role of Internal Auditing in Projects
- Risk Management
Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) 6th Edition (PMI, 2017)