Focus and Features
This guidance assists internal auditors in providing assurance services over IT governance. The guide provides a high-level description of IT governance processes, practices, and terminology to help internal auditors attain an understanding of the concept of governance and the characteristics of good governance processes
At the end of the Course, the participants shall be able to:
- Have an overview understanding of IT Governance concepts, components and risks
- Learn the role of internal auditors and participation in the assurance and consulting activities for IT Governance
- Develop an IT Governance audit approach to assess and make recommendations to improve the organization's governance processes.
- Attain the appropriate competencies required by the IPPF and mapped with The IIA GCF:
What You Will Learn
I. IT Governance Overview
- Business Significance
Provide high-level description of IT governance processes, practices, and terminology.
- Key Risks
What risks in relation to IT Governance may be detrimental to the entire organization.
- IT Governance Components
What are the key components of effective IT Governance
II. Role of Internal Auditors
- Assurance and Consulting Engagements
How auditors are in an excellent position to influence and recommend change.
- Identification of root causes and providing constructive recommendations
How audit can add value when it identifies root causes and provide constructive action plans to address the issue
III. Engagement Planning and Reporting Results
- Engagement Planning - Provides tools and techniques to help internal auditors build a work program and perform engagements involving IT governance
1. Understand the context and purpose of the engagement.
2. Gather information to understand the area or process under review.
3. Conduct a preliminary risk assessment of the area or process under review.
4. Form engagement objectives.
5. Establish engagement scope.
6. Allocate resources.
7. Document the plan
- Reporting Engagement Results
1. Evaluation of IAM
Number of CPE Units : 3
Cancellation & Substitution Policy
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours prior to the event or after receiving the final confirmation email and zoom link will be charged a cancellation fee, which is 50% of the registration fee.
- Substitutions are allowed within the same event without incurring a cancellation fee. (Rate should be the same, if not, difference should be paid)
- No show registrants will be charged 50% of the registration fee.