Focus and Features
When working remotely, keep in mind that any records created or received on any device belong to the organization and all records on personal devices are subject to company's records management policy and local laws and regulations. Organizations should create and maintain authentic, reliable and usable records, and protect the integrity of those records for as long as required.
The objectives of this training are as follows:
- Understand the importance of recordkeeping, and your key recordkeeping responsibilities
- Be able to distinguish between what is and what is not a company's record
- Understand when a record should be created, kept, and retained and when it can be lawfully deleted or destroyed
- Be able to identify the key recordkeeping legislation and standards for the company
Through team exercises, group discussions, case studies, and lectures, attendees will gain a foundation of knowledge that will allow them to properly prepare for an effective and efficient records management.
What You Will Learn
Introduction to Records Management
- What are records and why they are important?
- Information records lifecycle
- Policy and Governance framework
- What are the main business drivers?
- Key Electronic Management concepts
Designing an Effective Records Management Program
- What is records management program?
- Creating a records management program
- Records retention schedule
- Why develop a records management program?
- Policies and procedures
Issues in Managing Electronic Records
- What is records retention schedule
- Types of electronic records
- Four essentials of electronic records (authenticity, reliability, integrity and usability)
- Other electronic records management issues
- ISO 15489 Records Management
Disposing of Data
- Why destroys records?
- Guidelines for document destruction
- Disposing of electronic records
- Methods of deleting records
- Suspension of destruction
Special topics in electronic records
- Digital Imaging
o Authority to digitize
o Digital imaging system planning
- Issues in E-mail management
o Anatomy of an email
o Non business-related email
o Retaining email messages
o E-mail Policy
- Managing Web-based Records
o Why worry about web records
o Records found on website
o Assessing risks
Electronic Records Preservation
- Preservation challenges
- Technological obsolescence
- Considerations for preservation
- Long-term strategy
- Evaluate preservation strategy
- Electronic records disaster/recovery plan
Special considerations for working remotely
Q & A/ Plan for Action