Focus and Features
Internal auditor uses critical-event analysis in pursuing causal event in the observations especially on significant or high residual risks. This course provides concepts and methods of applying critical-event analysis in internal audit engagements.
At the end of the 3-hour session, participants will learn to:
- Learn the concepts and methods of testing controls in business processes.
- Learn how to identify and measure critical-events.
- Learn how to apply practical tools in identifying and analyzing critical-events in internal audit process reviews.
What You Will Learn
- Critical-Event Analysis (CEA) Defined
- Benefits of CEA
- Applications of CEA
- Internal Audit's Advantage in Conducting CEA
- Considerations for Using CEA
- Potential Barriers
- Possible Causal Events
- Helpful Excerpts
- Basic Steps in CEA
- The Audit Model
- Consideration of Internal Controls
- The COSO Internal Control Framework
- The 5C's of Internal Audit Reporting (Elements of Audit Issues)
- 5 Why Analysis